In Ecuador according to the INEC (2011) and the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO, 2003), one in four women can be victims of sexual violence and even a third of the adolescents reported that their first sexual experience was forced.
Some general data that throws the study are;
- The groups most vulnerable to face situations of sexual violence are mainly children and adolescents aged 6 to 18 years, followed by women of reproductive age.
- The attacks are the most reported violation.
- Most cases of rape is given to students.
- The aggressor in most cases is a person known to the victim. (74%)
- Spaces as home, the street, the school and the workplace are where most cases of rape are recorded.
- Persons related to the victim report the crime are mothers.
- In most cases it does not indicate whether there was a pregnancy resulting from rape.
- Most cases do not have conviction.
For removal of a sample of the data was determined 10% of cases in the province of Guayas and 30% in the provinces of Azuay and Orellana. Complaints referred to this study all belong to assaults on women, children and adolescents.
In the province of Guayas he came to collect information 492 cases In the case of Francisco de Orellana province, they came to discuss
In the case of Francisco de Orellana province, they came to discuss 60 cases In the prosecution of the City of Cuenca in Azuay Province worked with a sample of
In the prosecution of the City of Cuenca in Azuay Province worked with a sample of 95 cases of 2011, of which the largest percentage of complaints are for the crime of rape with 55%. The highest percentage of victims, 32% have between 6 and 14, but followed closely by women of reproductive age 14-18 and 18-49 years, so it's risk of sexual violence continues to adulthood. In 36% of cases the abuser is known to the victim.
1 in 4 women can be victims of sexual violence.